UPDATED: April 30
Government Financial Relief Programs
Dear NBTA Credit Union Members,–Beginning Tuesday March 24, we will be opening our branch from 9am-12:30pm for urgent business only and will be limiting the number of members-in-branch. We will be cleaning extensively and urge our members to please consider performing transactions over the phone, mobile/online banking, or by emailing our staff before making the decision to visit in person. If you must visit the branch, please observe social distancing recommendations.With the daily escalation of the global Covid-19 pandemic, and as an essential service, we are faced with difficult decisions on how to best serve our members during this uncertain time while looking out for public health and the safety of staff. Our office has been closed for the past week and we have been able to service members remotely via our email, phone, and mobile/online channels.Some details to note:
– Members will enter the branch via the ATM entrance. Please allow members at ATM to finish transactions before entering to maintain proper social distance.
– As per the NB Chief Medical Officer of Health, please isolate for at least 14 days if you have traveled recently or if you are feeling unwell.
– Have a question about your account? Our staff will be checking our email and phone lines remotely during regular business hours daily and are happy to service your needs remotely.
– Have a question about your mortgage, loan, or line of credit? Please feel free to reach out to our lending department directly: Shawnalynn Reid, email@example.com , Dawna Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org, Rachel Harvey, email@example.com .We know many members are facing uncertainty during this time. We’re here to help you get through it and we ask for your cooperation during these unprecedented circumstances. Stay safe and check our website regularly for any changes!Margery Nichol, General Manager, NBTA Credit Union–(If you need to contact “League Savings and Mortgage” directly, their number is 1-833-204-7532.)––Tips for NBTA Credit Union Members filing for Employment Insurance (EI):– Enter Branch/Transit number: 97114– Don’t choose from the dropdown menu – Enter “New Brunswick Teachers Association Credit Union Ltd” in the “FI Name” field.– Enter FI Number: 849– Enter your account number. Call us if you have questions about your account number. Please note that if your account is a joint account you must enter the joint account holder’s name too.– After you complete the application, please follow the instructions to call the EI claims phone number including the option to waive the 1-week period.– Again, if you have any questions, please reach out to us by phone 506-452-1724 or our general email firstname.lastname@example.org .Screenshot of EI application form:
Understanding Your Account Number: When filling out forms, it’s important to understand the difference between your account number(s) and your member number. Here’s a graphic highlighting the difference and, as always, call us if you have questions.
– More Information on Covid-19:Government Programs Available as a Result of Covid-19Government of NB Coronavirus info (including self-assessment)World Health OrganizationHealth Canada