"Be a lifelong learner, be resilient, be open to change, express your opinions... and keep a positive attitude!"
-Margery Nichol, GM
Spring has arrived and with it comes the news that our Atlantic Bubble will be opening in April. I recall the uncertainty we were facing a year ago not knowing what to expect after the pandemic was declared by the World Health Organization and by our own government. But, true to form, the staff of our credit union rose to the occasion. Within 48 hours, we were back up and running, able to serve members remotely as well as in person with safety protocols in place. Here we are, a year later, and we are still serving members while adhering to public health measures. A new normal is developing and we are working very hard to ensure you receive the same great service you always did.
You may have noticed on our website or on the screens in our branch that we are now offering the Mobile Wallet service. This enables you to add your debit card to the wallet in your smart phone. This convenient service is available at most merchants. It is a safe and secure method of paying for your purchases without having to dig your debit card out of your purse or wallet. If you need help getting this feature set up, please reach out to us and we can assist you. I was able to add my card in less than five minutes and I’m one of the least tech savvy people I know.
It is almost time for our Annual General Meeting. We plan to hold it virtually again this year with the hopes we can get together in person next year. The meeting is scheduled for April 27th at 7:00 pm. We would love to have you attend from the comfort of your home. Please contact Tracy Russell to register. Tracy can be reached by phone at 452-1826 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Tune in so you can be up to date on all that has been happening at your credit union including our financial results for the year.
One of the great things about belonging to a credit union is that you have a say in how things are run. You can do this by casting your vote in our Board of Director elections, or by running for the Board yourself. We have three directors whose terms are up and are reoffering to serve. We have one director whose term is up but has chosen not to reoffer this year. We are always pleased with the slate of candidates who are willing to put their name forward for a chance to serve. Please register for the AGM so you can cast your vote.
Finally, I would like to express my deepest appreciation to all our members for choosing NBTA Credit Union for all your financial needs. I hear from many of you throughout the year and your comments are always appreciated. I can be reached by phone at 452-1824, by email: email@example.com and of course my door is always open.
- We are here for you by phone (506-452-1724) and email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Our staff are also checking their email remotely. Please reach out if you have questions.
- Our lending office is open to the public and our lending staff are also available via phone, email, and can meet to sign documents if needed given Covid 19 protocol. Their contact info is as follows:
- Our ATM is in service as is The Exchange Network for Credit Union members. https://www.theexchangenetwork.ca/
- If you have not already done so, we can set you up for online/mobile banking to allow you to pay bills, deposit cheques, and send e-transfers.
- Our Branch and Transit numbers are 97114 and 849. We have some tips for filing for EI on our website. We will be posting updates as they become available on the front page of our website.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience during this difficult time. Please observe all government warnings and social distancing/self-isolation recommendations. We will be meeting regularly to reassess how to best serve you during this unprecedented time. Stay safe!
– Margery Nichol, General Manager