Eliminate your paper statements by switching to our free and secure E-statement service.
Eliminate your paper statements by switching to our free and secure e-Statement service.
If you are currently a MemberDirect® internet banking user, you already have access to a secure and environmentally friendly version of your statement. Just click on the “View e-Statements” menu button under “My Accounts” on the left of the web page. By going paperless, you can help minimize the energy and waste associated with mailing your paper statement each month.
To Discontinue Mailed Paper Statements
- Unless you have told us you would still like a paper statement, you have been enrolled in e-statements as per General Manager’s Message notices throughout 2014 as of January 1, 2015
To Access Your E-statement
- Log in to online banking.
- Click on “My Accounts”
- Click on “View e-Statement”
- Select “Click here to download your statement”
- Select the account, year and statement date you wish to view.
For those members not currently signed up for MemberDirect internet banking and interested in e-statements, please contact us.
What are E-statements?
E-statements are electronic copies of your formerly mailed paper account statements.
Benefits to you
- quick – faster than receiving a mailed statement
- safe – eliminates the risk of mail being lost or stolen
- convenient – easy record-keeping – a 7-year electronic archive of your full financial picture
- flexible – can also be stored on your computer for off-line access to your full financial picture
- logical – no paper handling or filing required
Benefits to your environment
- eliminate paper consumption
- eliminate energy used to shred and recycle statements and inserts
- eliminate the carbon footprint created through motorized mail delivery
Is it safe to view my e-Statements online?
NBTA Credit Union’s MemberDirect® internet banking website is secured to industry standards. There will no longer be the opportunity for thieves to steal your paper statement from your mailbox, therefore reducing the risk of identity theft and mail-related fraud.
Should I be concerned about my statement privacy?
Our e-Statement service provides you with options. If you prefer to receive a paper statement, you still have the option to do so but there will be a surcharge to help offset the cost. This new process requires fewer steps, less handling, less energy, and eliminates the increasing cost of shipping.
Is access easy?
Your e-Statement is available through NBTA Credit Union’s MemberDirect internet banking site in reliable Adobe PDF format by logging in to MemberDirect internet banking and clicking on the “View e-Statement” button on your “Account Summary” page. For added convenience, you can choose to save your e-statement to your home computer or print it if you need to.
Can I access older statements?
Starting with your July 2014 e-statement, NBTA Credit Union will begin archiving your e-statements so you’ll have online access to them for up to seven years.
What effect does this have on the environment?
Each year, we mail thousands of sheets of paper statements. Moving to e-Statements reduces the amount of energy and paper used to get those mailed paper statements to you. Together, we can reduce our impact on the environment.
What does it cost me?
E-Statements will be offered as a free service for members with access to MemberDirect internet banking. However, Members who wish to still receive a paper statement will be charged $2.00 per month.
How do I sign up for MemberDirect internet banking?
For those members not currently signed up for MemberDirect internet banking and interested in e-Statements, please contact our staff.
- For members who would like access to e-Statements via MemberDirect internet banking, but do not have access to a home computer, please note that member-access in-branch to a computer will be provided at NBTA Credit Union. Our staff are also more than willing to show you how to confidently use online banking with this computer.
- MemberDirect internet banking provides online access to accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is accessible from most locations and can be accessed around the world. We also have a mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. For other mobile devices, we have an optimized version of online banking which you will automatically be re-directed to.